Rainbow Swirl Cake

Rainbow Swirl Cake from @KatrinasKitchen


This rainbow swirl cake is easier to make than you may think!
cake recipes
cake recipes

  • Ingredients:

  •  
  • Yellow (or white) cake batter, divided
  • Gel food dye (I use Americolor)
  • Buttercream frosting

Directions:

  1. Prepare your cake batter as you normally would and divide into however many sections that you would like.
  2. Use food dye to color your cake batter. If you use gel or paste then you will only need 1 drop per section for a brilliant, deep color.
  3. Drop your batter into the pan one color at a time and bake as normal.
  4. Frost and enjoy!
  • I used Americolor GEL food coloring which can be purchased online or at Hobby Lobby (Amazon link provided at the end of this post).
  • Food color gel is NOT decorating gel.
  • Wilton also makes gel food coloring (available at Wal-Mart, Michaels, and JoAnne’s). I do not prefer it but it is more readily available and would produce better results than using liquid food color found in most grocery stores.
  • You use one teeny tiny drop of Americolor gel food coloring to get these vibrant colors. To get a vibrant color with liquid food coloring you may have to add up to a teaspoon of coloring (which I do NOT recommend). The color may still not be as vibrant and adding that much liquid will change the consistency of the dough.
  • I am including the links to the basic color pack and the “electric” colors. I use both sets in my kitchen. To see some more colors check out my Rainbow Chocolate Chip Cookies.

No comments:

Visitors

Flag Counter