yield: 12 servingsprep time: 1 hour cook time: 45 minutes total time: 1 hour 45 minutes
6 cups milk
1 cup fine flour
¾ cup sugar, divided
1 tablespoon tasteless butter
1 teaspoon vanilla
Zest of one orange
1 package pate feuillete dough, regarding twelve to sixteen sheets
1 cup tasteless butter
1½ cups sugar
1 cup water
¼ cup fruit crush
½ teaspoon vanilla
1. heat kitchen appliance to 375 degrees F. Have your pan able to go - either a 16-inch spherical cake pan or a 10x13-inch lasagna dish. The pate feuillete ought to be temperature or slightly cooler. Open the package right before exploitation it that the sheets don't dry out.
2. Stir the milk, semolina, ½ cup of the sugar, the butter, and vanilla during a massive sauce pan over medium heat. Stir the mixture gently however perpetually till it becomes thick like pudding. this could take up to fifteen minutes about. take away the pan from the warmth and funky for five to ten minutes. Beat the eggs with the remaining ¼ cup of sugar during a tiny bowl then stir it into milk mixture. Stir within the orange peel.
3. soften the butter and start by brushing the rock bottom of your pan with liquefied butter.
4. Layer rock bottom of the pan with regarding 1/2 the pate feuillete, munificently brushing with butter between every layer. gently press the sheets into the edges and corner and let the perimeters droop over the top; you'll fold them over later. (Do not skimp on the butter! you must use 0.5 on rock bottom layers and 0.5 on the highest.)
5. Pour the marginally cooled dish over rock bottom sheets and unfold to the edges. Layer the remaining sheets of pate feuillete on high of the dish as you probably did rock bottom, continued to brush liquefied butter between layers till you have got used all the pate feuillete. Then, brush butter on the overlapping sides and roll the perimeters down making a “rim” round the fringe of the pan. munificently brush the highest and therefore the edge with the remainder of your butter.
6. Bake till the highest is golden brown everywhere, thirty to forty five minutes. (I recommend checking early and infrequently, as you do not wish the pate feuillete to burn.)
7. whereas the pie is baking, build the sweetener. Bring the sugar, water and fruit crush to a boil during a tiny cooking pan. Boil for five minutes then take away from the warmth. Off the warmth, stir within the vanilla extract; put aside.
8. once you take away the pie from the kitchen appliance, let it cool for quarter-hour. Then, pour the sweetener equally over the complete pie. permit the pie to take a seat for a minimum of one hour before serving that the sweetener is absorbed. Store leftover pie within the white goods for up to three days.
(Recipe adapted from Whipped)