1. Bring the rice to the boil in a medium sized saucepan and simmer for 20 - 25 minutes, ensuring it still has some bite.
2. Using 1 tbsp of the olive oil, sauté the onion until soft and starting to caramelise. Add the spices and raisins and cook for a further 2 minutes. Combine this mixture together with the cooked rice, feta and parsley. (If making a vegan version, replace the feta with the pine nuts).
3. Peel the skin of the squash with a vegetable peeler and cut the squash into 8 circles, approx 1 cm thick and 8-9 cm diameter. Parboil for 2-3 minutes to soften slightly.
4. Heat a large, ridged grill pan. Mix the remaining 1 tbsp oil with the vinegar and brush the squash and peppers with this before char grilling. Keep the cooked vegetables warm in a low oven until ready to assemble the stacks.
5. Melt the cranberry sauce in a small saucepan, adding a tbsp of water if it is very thick. Once warm add the lemon juice and sieve to remove any large pieces.
6. To assemble the stacks, place one squash circle in the centre of a dinner plate. Place a 8.5cm chef's ring over or on top of it and press in a quarter of the rice mixture. On top of this place a second squash circle and decoratively pile a quarter of the grilled peppers on top. Drizzle over 1-2 tbsp of sauce.