Recipes 4 you
moon cake recipe, snickers cake recipe,
Caramel Mocha Chocolate Cake
2 cups flour
2 cups sugar
3/4 cup cocoa powder
2 tsp baking soda
1 cup buttermilk
1 cup vegetable oil
1/2 cup kahlua
1 1/2 tsp vanilla
1/2 cup boiling water
1/2 cup (1 stick) butter
1 cup light brown sugar
1/3 cup heavy cream
3 cups powdered sugar
1-2 tbsp milk or cream
2 tbsp instant espresso coffee
4 tbsp water
3/4 cup butter
3/4 cup shortening
6 cups powdered sugar
1/2 tsp vanilla extract
To make the chocolate cake layers
1. Preheat oven to 300 degrees. Grease 3 8 inch pans.
2. Add all dry ingredients to a large bowl and whisk together.
3. Add eggs, buttermilk, vegetable oil and kahlua to the dry ingredients and mix well.
4. Add vanilla to boiling water and add to mixture. Mix well.
5. Pour into cake pans and bake for about 30-35 minutes, or until a toothpick comes out with a few crumbs.
6. Remove from oven and allow to cool for about 7-9 minutes, then remove to a cooling rack.
Make the caramel frosting
1. Melt butter in a saucepan.
2. Add brown sugar and heavy cream and whisk constantly over medium heat until sugar is dissolved.
3. Bring to a boil and allow to boil for 3 minutes, no more.
4. Remove from heat and allow to cool for about 15 minutes.
5. Transfer caramel to mixer bowl.
6. Mix in powdered sugar, beginning with 2 cups and increasing from there until you get the desired consistency. You can add a few tablespoons of cream to make the icing more creamy, if desired.
To make the coffee icing
1. Dissolve the instant espresso coffee in the water.
2. Beat the shortening and butter until smooth.
3. Slowly add 3 cups of powdered sugar. Mix until combined.
4. Mix in the vanilla extract and half of the espresso coffee water.
5. Add the rest of the powdered sugar and mix until smooth. Add more espresso until you are happy with the coffee flavor.
To assemble the cake
1. Cut the domes off of the 3 cake layers with a serrated knife.
2. Place first cake layer onto your cake plate and add half of the caramel icing. It will be thick. Spread into an even layer.
3. Add second layer of cake and top with over half of caramel icing.
4. Top with the third layer of cake.
5. Spread a thin layer of icing around the outside of the cake, filling in any holes.
6. Use the rest of the icing to frost the outside of the cake. Decorate as desired.
recipe from lifeloveandsugar.com .
Share to Twitter
Share to Facebook
Post a Comment
Post Comments (Atom)