4 tbsp elderflower cordial, such as Bottlegreen Pomegranate and Elderflower Cordial
100g fresh cherries
1. Preheat the oven to 180°C/gas mark 4. Line the base and grease a 20cm springform tin. Break 150g of the chocolate into pieces and place in a heatproof bowl, and melt with the bowl sitting over a saucepan of simmering water.
2. Place the amaretti biscuits, ground almonds and sugar in a food processor and blitz until finely ground, add the butter, eggs and 2 tablespoons of cordial, process again.
3. Add the melted chocolate and briefly process again. Pour the mixture into the tin, cook for approximately 35-45 minutes until the cake feels firm. (The top will crack.) Cool in the tin, remove and place on a serving plate.
4. To finish the cake, break up the remaining chocolate, place in a bowl with 2 tablespoons of cordial. Melt as before then pour half onto a piece of non-stick baking parchment, smooth with a knife, allow to set. Dip the cherries into the rest of the chocolate, leave to set on non-stick baking parchment. Using a star cutter cut out stars from the chocolate.
5. Dredge the cake with icing sugar, arrange the stars and chocolate dipped cherries over the top.
Cook's tip: This cake freezes really well, so make ahead to take away some of the festive stress.