Amount per serving
- Cooking spray
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour $
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- 1 (8-ounce) carton fat-free sour cream
- 1 1/2 cups granulated sugar
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract $
- 1/2 cup egg substitute
- 2 cups all-purpose flour $
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup low-fat buttermilk
- 1/2 cup (4 ounces) block-style fat-free cream cheese, softened
- 1/4 cup butter, softened
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract $
- 1/3 cup unsweetened cocoa
- 1 to 2 tablespoons evaporated fat-free milk
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 3 cups powdered sugar, divided
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- To prepare cake, coat bottom of a 13 x 9-inch baking pan with cooking spray (do not coat sides of pan); line bottom of pan with wax paper. Coat wax paper with cooking spray; dust with 1 tablespoon flour. Set aside.
- Combine 1/2 cup butter and sour cream in a large bowl, stirring with a whisk until well blended. Add granulated sugar and 2 teaspoons vanilla. Beat with a mixer at medium speed 3 minutes or until well blended. Add egg substitute; beat 2 minutes or until well blended.
- Lightly spoon 2 cups flour into dry measuring cups; level with a knife. Combine 2 cups flour, baking soda, and 1/2 teaspoon salt, stirring well with a whisk. Add flour mixture and buttermilk alternately to sugar mixture, beginning and ending with flour mixture; mix after each addition. Pour batter into prepared pan. Sharply tap pan once on counter to remove air bubbles. Bake at 350° for 30 minutes or until a wooden pick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool in pan 10 minutes on a wire rack; remove from pan. Carefully peel off wax paper; cool completely on wire rack.
- To prepare frosting, place the cream cheese, 1/4 cup butter, and 1 teaspoon vanilla in a large bowl; beat with a mixer at high speed until fluffy. Add cocoa, milk, and 1/8 teaspoon salt; beat at low speed until well blended. Gradually add 1 1/2 cups powdered sugar; beat at low speed until creamy. Gradually add remaining 1 1/2 cups powdered sugar. Place cake on a serving platter. Spread frosting over top and sides of cake. Store cake loosely covered in the refrigerator.