Bran Muffins Dianne’s Style

 delicious magazine recipes
 delicious magazine recipes
It is the start of a new year, a new semester, new students and new excitement in my classroom.  With all this newness I still have to be organized and ready to go.  I have one day of professional learning and a work day before the new invasion.  This weekend I made my favorite Bran muffins to freeze and have ready for breakfast.  These are great muffins and they make a lot!  I mean a lot!  One of my very dear friends and her daughter brought food over when my daddy died 3 1/2 years ago.  JHM  made the best meatloaf and  these muffins.  Of course I had to have the recipe.  It came from her Aunt Dianne.  I have added a little to it, but here it is for you to enjoy.  By the way the batter will keep for up to six weeks in the refrigerator.  I always get rave reviews when I have guests for breakfast and bring these things out of the freezer and pop them in the microwave.  YUMMY!
Start with 3 cups of all-bran cereal
5 cups of bran flakes
Add 1 quart of buttermilk to the cereals and let it sit for about 30 min.
Mix together 5 cups of plain flour, 5 teaspoons soda, 2 teaspoons salt and 3 cups sugar
whisk together 4 eggs and 1 cup of oil
Add eggs and oil to cereal and buttermilk mixture. Stir!!
Add dry ingredients and stir!!!
 I usually put cereal and buttermilk in a huge Tupperware bowl, then measure dry ingredients in a separate bowl,  and eggs and oil in a measuring cup.  I do all the mixing in the Tupperware bowl.  Store the mixture in the Tupperware bowl for up to six weeks.  Because I was taking photos just look at all the bowls I used and my dishwasher was already full!

 delicious magazine recipes
 delicious magazine recipes
Too many bowls and not enough washers!
 Here is where I changed Dianne’s recipe a little.  Really I just added a few goodies.  As an afterthought I wish that I had added a little cinnamon with the apples and raisins.  These muffins are almost like apple cake without the frosting!
I took out some of the batter,enough to make 24 muffins.  I didn’t measure it, but I am guessing it to be about 6 cups.  My medium mixing bowl was about half full.

Added about 1/2 cup of raisins
1 medium apple diced
Fill muffin tins and ready to bake for 15-20 min. at 400 degrees
Ready to eat or freeze for later!
Here is the recipe ready for you to make and enjoy!
Bran Muffins

  • 5 cups bran flakes
  • 2 cups All bran
  • 5 cups plain flour
  • 5 teaspoons soda
  • 2 teaspoons salt
  • 3 cups sugar
  • 4 eggs
  • 1 quart buttermilk
  • 1 cup oil
Soak cereal in buttermilk for about 30 minutes.  Add eggs and oil.  Stir in flour, sugar, soda and salt.  Bake at 400 degrees for 15 -20 minutes.  Mix can be stored in the refrigerator for up to 6 weeks.
Happy cooking,
 delicious magazine recipes

 delicious magazine recipes

No comments:

Visitors

Flag Counter