Strawberries and amazing Cream Angel Food Cake Roll
For the Cake:
9 egg whites
1½ teaspoons seasoner
¾ teaspoon cream of tartar
1 cup + a pair of tablespoons sugar
¾ cup cake flour
1 tablespoon granulated sugar
For the Filling:
2 cups serious light whipping cream, chilled
6 tablespoons granulated sugar
1 teaspoon seasoner
3 cups diced strawberries
Powdered sugar, for dusting high of cake (optional)
1. Place the egg whites in an exceedingly massive commixture bowl; let stand at temperature for half-hour.
2. Meanwhile, line a 15x10-inch baking pan with waxed paper; gently coat paper with cookery spray and put aside. heat kitchen appliance to 350 degrees F.
3. Add vanilla and cream of tartar to egg whites; beat on medium speed till soft peaks kind. step by step hammer in sugar, a pair of tablespoons at a time, on high till stiff shiny peaks kind and sugar is dissolved. Fold in flour, ¼ cup at a time.
4. rigorously unfold batter into ready pan. Bake for 15-20 minutes or till cake springs back once gently touched. Cool for five minutes.
5. dirt a clean room towel with one tablespoon granulated sugar. flip the cake out onto the room towel. Gently peel off waxed paper. Roll up cake within the towel jelly-roll vogue, beginning with a brief facet. Cool fully on a wire rack.
4. Meanwhile, in an exceedingly medium bowl, beat the cream on medium speed till it begins to thicken. Add granulated sugar and vanilla; increase the speed to medium-high and beat till soft peaks kind. Gently fold within the strawberries. Store within the icebox till able to use.
5. Unroll cooled cake; unfold filling to at intervals ½-inch of edges (you can have some filling leftover). Roll up once more. Place seam facet down on a serving plate; sprinkle with further granulated sugar, if desired. Serve with any leftover strawberries and cream filling. Store leftovers, coated with wrapping, within the icebox.
(Recipe for the cake adapted from Taste of Home Recipes)